French Toast Recipe

Hello everyone. It is Friday, and Labor Day is right around the corner. Damn time flies.

I am a Personal Trainer and Weight Loss Coach. They are overlapping titles and duties. People often ask me what I eat to stay lean and strong. Everything? Seriously, I do eat everything, but not always. I try to live by the 80/20 rule. Eat healthy, clean, correct, or whatever you want to call “proper food consumption for your body and activity levels” 80% of the time, an your body will handle and dispose of the other 20%, without any harm to your body. I once told my weight loss walking group about the 80/20 rule and someone mumbled, as we walked, “most of us do 20/80. 20% of the time we eat right, and 80% of the time, not so much”. Very funny.

Ok, my brown rice scrambled with eggs recipe surprisingly has become popular. So today I will give you another recipe that is low carb, low calorie, made fast, cheap, healthy, and hopefully, for you, tasty.

Materials needed: 1 non-stick pan, some low carb bread (I use Pepperidge Farm Light Style Soft Wheat Bread. Each slice has only 45 calories and 8 carbs), a couple of regular eggs (I have no idea how many eggs are needed. I whip up a few, make my French Toast, scramble the left overs, and eat that too)., and regular butter.

Cup with monkey faces on it, full of coffee, is optional.

photo(2)

Next, whip, whisk, beat, or whatever it is called, some eggs in a bowl. 3 eggs will make about 4 to 5 French Toast, me thinks. You know I am a man, I don’t measure much. So lazy and barbaric of me, I know.

photo(3)

Next, lightly butter pan. (Pssst… wanna know a secret. I love butter, so I butter heavy.) I heat the pan to the following temperature: High enough to lightly brown French Toast.

photo(4)

Next, soak both sides of low the carb bread in stirred, beaten, whisked, oh whatever, eggs, and put in pan.

photo(5)

If you look closely, those are my Nike Frees at the bottom of the photo.

Now for the best part. Cook to a light crisp, put on a plate, and scarf it down like if you just walked and swam around the world, and ate nothing but rice cakes, and drank nothing but water.

photo(6)

photo(7)

photo(8)

The above meal costs a grand total of less than 1 dollar, each piece of French Toast has about 100 calories, it takes less than 5 minutes to cook, and it has a good balance of protein and carbs. I don’t use syrup, but you can if tu quieres.

If you have cholesterol issues, you can use egg whites or just use the yolk for half the eggs. You can also use some butter substitute.

I have made my French Toast for children of family and friends, and I have yet to meet a child that doesn’t like my Pan Frances Tostado. It’s also healthier and cheaper than McDonald’s.

And all adults love to be cooked for, so when I make French Toast at home for friends and family, they love it too.

Psst…wanna know another little secret. I once ate 8 of my French Toast, and washed it down with 2 glasses of milk. I was so damn hungry. I know, I know, that’s like 1,000 calories all at once, and who knows how many eggs, but gluttony feels so good sometimes. Hey, I could have consumed worse things, like the the 8 pound Strasburger at National’s Stadium in Washington DC. It has 10,000 calories! That is not a type-o.

strasburgereat0412e

The Strasburger is so big that the dude above cut out a piece, and it looks like the Strasburger didn’t even feel it. Only in America.

But below is the gluttony of all gluttony. That is Joey Chestnut. This past 4th of July, Joey won the hot dog eating contest at Nathan’s in New York by eating 69 hot dogs, and the buns! But wait, it gets more disgusting than that. He ate it all in 10 minutes!

gal-hotdogs-06-jpg

tumblr_mpfal6HPJX1qldt0eo1_400

DO NOT TRY TO EAT 69 OF MY FRENCH TOAST!

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s